Register your interest
About this role
- £22,152 - 24,258 pro-rata
· Arranging and chasing up of Referrals;
· Typing and processing of Referral
· Transcribing dictation;
· Typing of letters and general
· Preparing medical reports;
· Maintaining patient files and records;
· Generating income by completing private patient and
third-party billing for example insurance companies and solicitors;
· Securing information by carrying out database back-ups.
· Reception duties as required;
· Other administrative/secretarial
duties as required.
Records Management Responsibility:
All records created in the course of
the Medical Centre’s business are both
corporate and public records under the terms of the Public
Records (Scotland) Act 1937.
This includes email messages and other electronic
records. It is the job holder’s
responsibility to ensure that appropriate records of their work is maintained and remains confidential at all times specific to
A good level of English language
competency and communication skills necessary to perform this role safely and
effectively is a requirement of the role.
The successful candidate MUST have:
medical secretarial and administrative experience
gained either within NHS or a GP Practice;
experience of medical terminology;
audio typing skills;
· A high
standard of literacy, numeracy and IT skills;
· Excellent communication,
organisational and problem solving skills;
· Ability to
work well under pressure and to tight deadlines.
Working Hours: 20 – 25 hours weekly, Monday to Friday
Salary: £22,152 – 24,258 pro-rata.
to Work in the UK: my client is legally
required to ensure all its employees are legally entitled to work in the United
Kingdom. All applicants are required to confirm their right to work in the UK
in their application.