Electrical Maintenance Engineer
Register your interest
About this role
Electrical Maintenance Engineer
- £30,000 - £35,000 DOE
Fairways has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Electrical Maintenance Engineer to join our Perth based client. This is a permanent, full-time role offering a competitive salary and the chance to work with a support and friendly team.
The business relies upon well-maintained and dependable plant, equipment and services to deliver top-quality product efficiently and reliably and are now seeking an enthusiastic and forward-thinking Electrical Maintenance Engineer to join the maintenance team.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, your duties will include:-
- Provide a rapid and effective electrical maintenance service to the whole of the factory, the production team and offices
- Advise and design new electrical systems where required
- Ensure minimal disruption to production processes from system breakdowns
- Breakdown repairs/fault finding and maintenance of factory and office plant, equipment and services, including safety systems
- Be verse on PLC systems and fault finding using the PLC system
- Routine inspection and maintenance of a wide range of Electrical/Electronic equipment, including industrial and domestic wiring and associated data logging
- Assist with Mechanical Maintenance Engineer with the development and construction of improvements and additions to production plant and systems incorporating computer-controlled devices
- Maintenance of furnaces with associated systems and assisting production staff with the operation of furnaces when required
- Maintenance of forklift trucks and chargers between routine services
- Source outside contractors for electrical servicing of equipment when required
- General housekeeping and maintenance of workshop areas
- Train operators and other maintenance staff in the use of electrical equipment where required
- Ensure full compliance with relevant health and safety requirements
- Work closely with the production team and be actively engaged in the production operation when business needs demand
- To have completed either an electrical apprenticeship, a craftsman certificate, an HND/HNC or degree qualified
- 17th edition electrical wiring qualification
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience fault finding
- Electrical knowledge of working on industrial electrical equipment including fixed wire installation testing
- Experience of PLC systems in an industrial environment
- Physical fit and able to lift and move heavy packages and objects
- Experience of computer data entry
You will be a proactive and conscientious team member with the ability to work effectively and complete tasks in order of importance and within set timescales. You will have a good work ethic and willing to continually learn and develop in the role. Previous experience from a similar position is required.
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 depending on experience
Contributory pension scheme
Working hours 6.45am to 4pm Monday to Thursday
28 days holiday
If you feel you have the skills and experience needed for this role and would enjoy the opportunity working in a busy but supportive team then we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV.
Fairways Recruitment (Scotland) Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers.
Fairways is an equal opportunities employer.
Unfortunately, due to the high level of applications we will not be able to respond to all candidates. Successful candidates will be contacted within 14 days.