Clerk of Works
Register your interest
About this role
Clerk of Works
- £18.50 per hour
Fairways has a fantastic opportunity for a Clerk of Works to join our client and work on a large-scale infrastructure project based in Glasgow South. This is an ongoing temporary position and will last around 18 months.
The role itself involves the supervision and reporting of the construction of roads, infrastructure / services, bridges and significant landscaping works. Your main responsibilities include:
- Carrying out site inspections on reinforced concrete and steel work structures and signing off defect notifications
- Monitoring the new construction and QA Management to new structures and site developments, providing reports to the Project Manager
- Ensuring that high standards of quality control are maintained on contracts and all related reports are completed
- Ensuring a consistently high standard of quality control and supervision is maintained for every site inspection
- Maintaining records at the construction site in an orderly manner as directed by the Project Manager including copies of all correspondence concerning the project, contract documents, construction schedule, change orders, test results, permits, inspection reports, insurance policies, minutes or summaries of meetings, record drawings and other applicable documentation
In addition you must have previous site experience on large scale civil engineering projects and will have a relevant qualification in civil engineering. You will also be familiar with NEC contracts and duties.
You will have excellent IT skills as well as the ability to communicate well, with people at all levels of business.
If you are interested in this position and believe you have the required skills and experience then please submit your CV.
Fairways Recruitment (Scotland) Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers.
Fairways is an equal opportunities employer.
- Appropriate academic and professional qualifications, including HNC or equivalent in Civil Engineering
- Previous site experience on large-scale civil engineering projects
- Be familiar with the NEC contracts and duties
- Excellent communication and computer skills
- Competitive salary
- Working hours 40-42 hrs Monday to Friday
- Occasional weekend work may be required
- 28 days holiday entitlement